What do we offer?
We offer bespoke taxation advice which is :-
- Clearly Explained
These are simple virtues but ones which are rarer than one might expect.
Areas of Expertise
McKie & Co offers the highest quality of advice on taxation issues affecting the private client and in particular on:-
- Inheritance Tax
- Capital Gains Tax on share and property disposals
- Cross border asset structuring
- The UK taxation of non-domiciliaries including the remittance basis and Business Investment Relief
- Offshore trust and company taxation
- Multi-jurisdictional planning for short term non-residents
- The application of the Statutory Residence Test
- Moving to the UK
- Leaving the UK
- The Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings
- Expert Witness Reports on private client tax matters
- The use of insurance and pension products in Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax planning
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief and other major Capital Gains Tax reliefs
- National Heritage Property and maintenance funds
- Tax disclosures to be made to HMRC
- Stamp Duty and Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- HMRC enquiries into a client’s self-assessment tax return
- HMRC investigations into IHT accounts including Form IHT400
- Disputes with HMRC including historic tax planning cases and related issues of follower and accelerated payment notices
- Tax litigation support
- All other capital transactions relevant to the private client
Our Relationship with Clients
We pride ourselves on our relationships with our clients. The very nature of private client taxation advice requires a client to provide his adviser with sensitive information about his circumstances. He needs, therefore, to trust us. Our direct private clients appreciate our ability to understand their concerns. One of our private clients, MS, has said:-
‘As a private client, I greatly appreciate Simon and Sharon’s considerateness and dedication. They explain the relevant law clearly and succinctly without technical jargon so that I am aware of the issues which are relevant to my affairs. Their obvious technical competence and thoroughness is very reassuring.’
An Integrated Service
A taxation adviser must do more than just proffer good advice. Due to the complexity and uncertainty of tax legislation it is important that we identify any drawbacks of our recommendations as well as their advantages. We advise on the implementation of our recommendations and on their disclosure to HMRC working closely with the client’s solicitor, accountant or other adviser both in the UK and overseas to ensure that our advice is properly implemented.
TAX RISK ASSESSMENT
We have devised a tax risk questionnaire which will give you an indication of whether, in our experience, it is likely that you need expert tax advice.
CaN we help you?
If you have a matter on which you require tax advice please contact us by completing the form opposite.